Sunday, January 3, 2010

26 Weeks: Happy New Year!

Great Grandma Brown, Grandma Barb, and me.

Thank you for the new camoflauge and the bow in my hair.

Happy New Year little buddy and Happy 6 mo birthday! You sure are growing fast. Just the other day Mommy went through the basket of "too big" clothes and pulled out what I think will fit next. I also put away some more clothes that are too small. I have put you in size 3 diapers now. They are a little big, but I think it will be okay.

So after all the hustle and bustle of Christmas etc. we went to Daddy's auntie and uncles for a special celebration. Your Great Grandma Brown's 80th birthday. It is also Grandma Barbs birthday, (mother and daughter). So we had a nice meal and dessert. We visited with family but didn't stay long because we were all very tired and it was very very cold that day.

Other than that this last week has really gone by quickly. You are eating really well. You eat a variety of veggies now, even peas and beans which I thought you wouldn't like. You like pears (mommy loves pears too) and apples.

The sleeping is getting a little better. You still continue to wake at approx 11pm but the last 2 nights I have tried to ignore your cries. It's hard but I know that you don't really need to eat. So I pat your back a bit and if I am luck you fall asleep for awhile longer. I would like to get you down to one feeding a night. I really think you can handle it. Some nights you sleep really good for a long time so I know that you can't be that hungry. Each night is different though. Ahhhhh I hope you catch on soon.

Mommy is back on the wagon with her new exercise routine and weight loss plan (NO MORE SWEETS). During this last week of visiting I ate a lot and it was not a smart thing to do. Also mommy has signed up for a fundraising event that is happening in August 2010 in Edmonton. I am going to walk 60km in two days for the Alberta Cancer Foundation. The event is called the Weekend to End Women's Cancers. I am really excited about it. I have to start fundraising now, because I have to raise two thousand dollars. I want to start early so I don't have to worry about it later on and I can focus on the training. Wish me luck little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment